Serious Problems With Anafranil
Anafranil Side Effects to ReportSome side effects with Anafranil, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Heart attack or stroke
- Changes in heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia) or feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (palpitations)
- Confusion, delusions, or hallucinations
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Any breast changes, including breast enlargement or breast discharge
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Suicidal thoughts or behavior (see Clomipramine and Suicide)
- Hostility or aggressiveness
- Engaging in unusual or dangerous activities
- Restlessness or inability to sit still
- Extreme elation or feelings of happiness that may switch back and forth with a depressed or sad mood
- Other unusual changes in behavior
- Difficulty sleeping
- Anxiety, agitation, or panic attacks
- Signs of an infection, such as a fever or sore throat.
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, be sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the medication. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be an Anafranil side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.