Ativan Drug Side Effects
As with many other medications, Ativan® (lorazepam) can cause side effects. Some of the most common side effects of Ativan include:
- A sleeping or calming effect (known medically as sedation).
When side effects occur, they tend to be minor and easy to treat. However, there are some potentially serious side effects with Ativan that require immediate medical attention. Contact your healthcare provider if you experience side effects such as:
- Depression (or worsening of existing depression)
- Suicidal thoughts
- Difficulty breathing
- Anxiety, excitation, or agitation
- Hostility, aggression, or rage
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, and unexplained swelling.
(Click Ativan Side Effects for more information on possible drug side effects that may occur while taking Ativan. This article also offers more details about serious problems and explains what to do if they occur.)