Signs of Suicidal Behavior With Doxepin
Your healthcare provider should monitor you (or your child) carefully when first starting an antidepressant. Be watchful for any signs of suicidal behavior. Contact your healthcare provider right away if you (or your child) have any of the following:
- Thoughts about death or committing suicide
- Suicide attempts
- Depression or anxiety that is new or worse
- Agitation, restlessness, or panic attacks
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- Irritability that is new or worse
- Aggressive, angry, or violent behavior
- Acting on dangerous impulses
- Unusually increased talking or activity
- Other strange changes in mood or behavior.
Also, be sure to discuss the risks and benefits of using doxepin in children and teenagers. Your healthcare provider may recommend other options for depression treatment.