Important Instructions for Duloxetine
When and How to Take DuloxetineSome general considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- Duloxetine comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth, usually once or twice a day.
- If duloxetine makes you drowsy, try taking it later in the day. If it causes insomnia, try taking it earlier.
- You can take it with or without food. If duloxetine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Be sure to swallow the capsules whole. Do not open or chew the capsules.
- Duloxetine should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For duloxetine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
DosingThe dose of duloxetine your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As with any medicine, do not adjust your duloxetine dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Duloxetine Dosing for more information about dosing for duloxetine.)
(Click Drug Interactions With Duloxetine for more information.)