Effexor XR and Suicide
Interested in a Discount on Effexor XR?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Your healthcare provider should monitor you (or your child) carefully when you first begin treatment with an antidepressant. Be watchful for any signs of suicidal behavior. Contact your healthcare provider right away if you (or your child) have any of the following:
- Thoughts about death or committing suicide
- Suicide attempts
- Depression or anxiety that is new or worse
- Agitation, restlessness, or panic attacks
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- Irritability that is new or worse
- Aggressive, angry, or violent behavior
- Acting on dangerous impulses
- Unusually increased talking or activity
- Other strange changes in mood or behavior.
Also, be sure to talk with your healthcare provider about the risks and benefits of using Effexor XR in children and teenagers, as well as other options for depression treatment.