Learning About Limbitrol
General considerations for when and how to take the medication include the following:
- Limbitrol comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually one to four times daily.
- It can be taken with or without food. It the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Limbitrol may cause serious problems if you take it at higher dosages or for a longer period of time than your healthcare provider recommends (see Limbitrol Addiction).
The dose of Limbitrol that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Limbitrol Dosage for more information.)
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Limbitrol. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Limbitrol include, but are not limited to:
(Click Limbitrol Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)