Limbitrol Warnings and Precautions
Glaucoma, heart disease, and kidney disease are medical conditions that you should tell your healthcare provider about before taking Limbitrol. Warnings and precautions also include looking out for signs of suicidal thoughts or behavior, knowing that Limbitrol has the potential to be abused, and avoiding certain drug interactions. Limbitrol warnings and precautions also include women who are breastfeeding or pregnant while taking the drug.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Limbitrol® (chlordiazepoxide and amitriptyline) if you have:
- A recent history of heart attack
- Heart disease
- Difficulty passing urine
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- A history of drug or alcohol abuse (see Limbitrol and Alcohol)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.