More Drug Information on Luvox CR
Luvox CR has been studied extensively in clinical trials. In studies for OCD, people taking the drug showed more improvement in their symptoms 12 weeks after starting the medication, compared to people taking a placebo (a "sugar pill" with no active ingredients). It is likely that improvement was seen earlier than 12 weeks, although this was not evaluated in the studies.
Some general considerations for those taking Luvox CR include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day at bedtime.
- You can take Luvox CR with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Be sure to swallow the capsules whole. Do not open, crush, or chew them.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Luvox CR will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of Luvox CR your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the medication
- Your age
- Other medications you take
- Any other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Luvox CR Dosage for more information.)