Anxiety Home > More Drug Information on Clonazepam
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with clonazepam. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Coordination problems
- Behavior problems.
Drug Interactions With ClonazepamClonazepam can potentially interact with several other medicines (see Drug Interactions With Clonazepam).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- A history of drug or alcohol abuse
- Breathing problems
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Klonopin and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Klonopin and Breastfeeding).