Anxiety Home > Limbitrol Dosage
The recommended Limbitrol dosage is typically three to four tablets per day, taken with or without food. The tablets are available in regular strength and double strength (which contains twice as much medicine as the regular tablets). Because elderly people may be more sensitive to possible side effects, when beginning treatment with Limbitrol, dosing guidelines call for the regular strength tablets.
The dose of Limbitrol® (chlordiazepoxide and amitriptyline) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Limbitrol dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Limbitrol Dosage for Anxiety and DepressionThe recommended starting dose of Limbitrol when treating depression that is associated with anxiety is three to four Limbitrol or Limbitrol DS tablets each day. The medication may be taken in several smaller doses per day or may be taken all at once at bedtime. Limbitrol DS ("double strength") tablets contain twice as much medication as regular Limbitrol tablets. For elderly people, who may be more sensitive to Limbitrol side effects, the regular (not double-strength) tablets are usually recommended.
Considerations for people taking Limbitrol include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually one to four times daily.
- Limbitrol can be taken with or without food. If the medicine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Limbitrol should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Limbitrol may cause serious problems if you take it at higher dosages or for a longer period of time than your healthcare provider recommends (see Limbitrol Addiction).