Anxiety Home > Luvox and Dry Mouth
There are a number of side effects of Luvox, and dry mouth is one that occurs commonly. Some suggestions for improving a dry mouth include sipping water or sugarless drinks often, avoiding tobacco and alcohol, and using a humidifier at night. If these suggestions do not help, there are some things that your healthcare provider can recommend, such as artificial saliva or trying a different medication.
Luvox and Dry Mouth: An OverviewDry mouth is one of the most common side effects of Luvox® (fluvoxamine maleate). In previous studies, up to 14 percent of people taking Luvox reported having a dry mouth, compared to just 10 percent of those not taking Luvox.
Luvox and Dry Mouth: RecommendationsIf you are taking Luvox and dry mouth becomes a problem, there are a number of things that you can do. Some of these suggestions include:
- Sipping water or sugarless drinks often.
- Sipping water or sugarless drinks during meals. This will make chewing and swallowing easier. It may also improve the taste of food.
- Avoiding drinks with caffeine, such as coffee, tea, and some sodas. Caffeine can dry out the mouth.
- Avoiding tobacco and alcohol; they dry out the mouth.
- Using a humidifier at night.
- Being aware of spicy or salty foods. These may cause pain in a dry mouth.
- Chewing sugarless gum or sucking on sugarless, hard candy to stimulate saliva flow; cinnamon or mint-flavored candies are good choices.