Anxiety Home > Serax Dosage
For most people with mild-to-moderate anxiety, the recommended Serax dose is 10 mg to 15 mg three or four times daily. The suggested Serax dosage for those who have severe anxiety or anxiety associated with depression is 15 mg to 30 mg, also taken three or four times daily. Lastly, people who are using Serax to treat alcohol withdrawal are recommended to take 15 mg to 30 mg of Serax three or four times a day.
An Introduction to Serax DosageThe dose of Serax® (oxazepam) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your Serax dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended Serax dose for alcohol withdrawal treatment is Serax 15 mg to 30 mg three to four times daily.
The recommended Serax dose for mild-to-moderate anxiety treatment is Serax 10 mg to 15 mg three or four times daily. For severe anxiety or anxiety associated with depression, the recommended dose is Serax 15 mg to 30 mg three or four times daily.
Elderly people, who may be more sensitive to the effects of Serax, should be started at a lower dose, usually Serax 10 mg three times daily.
- Serax comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth, usually three or four times daily.
- Serax can be taken with or without food. If Serax bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Serax should be taken at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Serax may cause serious problems if you take it at higher dosages or for a longer period of time than your healthcare provider recommends (see Oxazepam Addiction).