Anxiety Home > Important Instructions for Serax
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth, usually three or four times daily.
- Serax can be taken with or without food. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Serax should be taken at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Serax may cause serious problems if you take it at higher dosages or for a longer period of time than your healthcare provider recommends (see Oxazepam Addiction).
Dosing InformationThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
Side Effects of SeraxAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Serax. However, not everyone who takes the drug will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- A spinning sensation (vertigo)