Anxiety Home > Sertraline
Sertraline is licensed to treat depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, and other conditions. As a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, the medication works by affecting certain chemicals within the brain. It is sold under the brand name Zoloft and is also available in generic form. Common side effects of sertraline include insomnia, nausea, and diarrhea.
- Depression (also known as major depression or clinical depression)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)
- Social anxiety disorder (social phobia).