Anxiety Home > Important Information on Valium
When and How to Take ValiumSome general considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- It comes in tablet, oral liquid, and injectable forms. When used orally, it is usually taken three or four times a day (or sometimes more or less often).
- Valium can be taken with or without food. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It may cause serious problems if you take it at higher dosages or for a longer period of time than your healthcare provider recommends (see Valium Addiction).
Dosing InformationThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Coordination problems.